The all new Haldon Heroic CX-Medio route for 2021 starts and finishes at Exeter Racecourse. It covers a total distance of approximately 38 miles (61 km) with approximately 2,300 ft of climbing. The route is mixed terrain, including quiet Devon lanes, Open Commons, bridleways, and Green Lanes. The off-road sections include areas where there is gravel, mud, grass and stone tracks. The on-road sections include gradients up to 16%. This route is designed for cyclo-cross or gravel bikes but is perfectly suitable for MTB and XC bikes. The routes are not suitable for pure road bikes. eBikes are also welcome provided they are off-road capable.
This years approximately 20 miles of the route are off road. Shared paths are used so it will be important to have a bell on your bike.
- Event Venue: Exeter Racecourse EX6 7XS
- Event Date: Saturday 22nd May 2021
- Event Open Times: 07:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs
- Route Start Time: 08:30 hrs
- Age Limit: 12 years | 15 years (unaccompanied)
- Distance: 38 miles | 61 km
- Elevation Gain: 2,300 ft | 720 m
- Entry Limit: 200
- Feed Stations: YES (28 miles)
- Refreshments: YES (Event HQ)
- Entry Fee: £39 (including processing fee)