The all new Haldon Heroic CX-Mega route for 2021 starts and finishes at Exeter Racecourse. It covers a total distance of approximately 53 miles (86 km) with approximately 3,800 ft of climbing. The route is mixed terrain, including quiet Devon lanes, Open Commons, bridleways, and Green Lanes. The off-road sections include areas where there is gravel, mud, grass and stone tracks. The on-road sections include gradients up to 20%. This route is designed for cyclo-cross or gravel bikes but is perfectly suitable for MTB and XC bikes. The routes are not suitable for pure road bikes. eBikes are also welcome provided they are off-road capable.
This years approximately 29 miles of the route are off road. Shared paths are used so it will be important to have a bell on your bike. Do not be fooled by the first 37 miles of this course! The last 16 miles (exclusive to the CX-Mega route) are tough - challenging miles. You have been warned! There are some technical sections to challenge your riding skills and some steep climbs to test your fitness. Can you earn bragging rights by completing each of these challenges without having to walk!
- Event Venue: Exeter Racecourse EX6 7XS
- Event Date: Saturday 22nd May 2021
- Event Open Times: 07:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs
- Route Start Time: 08:00 hrs
- Age Limit: 15 years
- Distance: 53 miles | 86 km
- Elevation Gain: 3,800 ft | 1,160 m
- Entry Limit: 200
- Feed Stations: YES (28 miles)
- Refreshments: YES (Event HQ)
- Entry Fee: £39 (including processing fee)